PRINCE2 – Project Management
PRINCE2® (PRojects IN Controlled Environments), is a widely used project management method that navigates you through all the essentials for running a successful project.
PRINCE2® is derived from an earlier method called PROMPTII and from PRINCE2® project management method, which was initially developed in 1989 by the Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency (CCTA) as a UK Government standard for information systems (IT) project management; however, it soon became regularly applied outside the purely IT environment. PRINCE2® was released in 1996 as a generic project management method. PRINCE2® has become increasingly popular and is now a de facto standard for project management in the UK
What’s the current version?
The latest is PRINCE2®: 2009. The main difference between the 2009 version and earlier versions is that there are two manuals: ‘Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2® – 2009 Edition’ and ‘Directing Successful Projects with PRINCE2® – 2009 Edition’. Both the Foundation and Practitioner Examinations will be based on the new ‘Managing Projects’ manual and will not include material from the new ‘Directing Successful Projects’ book
How many levels?
There are three levels of training available in PRINCE2®.
The purpose of the foundation qualification is to confirm you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2® method to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a project management team working within an environment supporting PRINCE2®. The foundation qualification is also a pre-requisite for the practitioner qualification.
- Multiple choice format
- 75 questions per paper
- 5 questions to be trial and not counted in scores
- 35 marks required (out of 70 available) to pass – 50%
- Closed book.
The purpose of the practitioner qualification is to confirm you have achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor PRINCE2® in a scenario situation.
- Objective testing format
- 8 questions – 10 question items per question, each worth one mark
- 2.5 hours allowed (no reading time has been added)
- Open book exam (manual only)
- 44 marks or more required to pass (out of 80 available) – 55%.
The PRINCE2® Professional qualification is the next step for PRINCE2® Practitioners looking to further demonstrate their expertise in the PRINCE2® method. This level will test your ability to manage a non-complex PRINCE2® project across all aspects of the project lifecycle.
- 2 ½ day residential Assessment Centre
- Group activities and exercises
- Based on a fictional project case study
- Assessment is against 19 individual performance criteria (there is no written examination).
How to enroll?
All interested individuals are requested to refer to the training calendar posted in CALENDAR link of the website to confirm the dates of training. You are recommended to register a week in advance of the scheduled dates
What’s in IT?
The course covers the questions frequently asked by people involved in project management and support roles.
These questions include:
• What’s expected of me?
• What does the Project Manager do?
• What do I do if things don’t go to plan?
• What decisions I am expected to make?
• What information do I need or must I supply?
• Who should I look to for support & for direction?
• How can I tailor the use of PRINCE2® for my project?
PRINCE 2® Structure
Based on Seven (7) Principles there are seven (7) themes and Seven (7) Processes that entail in PRINCE2® Structure
|Business Case||Starting up a Project|
|Organization||Directing a Project|
|Quality||Initiating a Project|
|Plans||Controlling a Stage|
|Risk||Managing a Stage Boundary|
|Changes||Managing Product Delivery|
|Progress||Closing a Project|