What is COBIT® 5?
COBIT 5® is the latest edition of ISACA’s globally accepted framework. It provides an end-to-end business view of the governance of enterprise IT, reflecting the central role of information and technology in creating value for enterprises of all sizes. The principles, practices, analytical tools and models found in COBIT 5® embody thought leadership and guidance from business, IT and governance experts around the world.
COBIT 5® provides guidance to executives and those charged with making decisions concerning the use of technology in support of organizational objectives. COBIT 5® helps business leaders address the needs of all stakeholders across the enterprise and ultimately maximize the value from information and technology.
COBIT 5® Training Courses – Check back soon to view APMG-International Accredited Training Organizations offering COBIT 5® courses and exams.
Who is it for?
COBIT 5® is ideal for assurance, security, risk, privacy and compliance professionals or business leaders and stakeholders who are involved in or affected by governance and management of information and information systems.
For additional COBIT® resources or to learn more about how ISACA’s new evolutionary framework can help your enterprise establish a renewed trust in and value from your information systems, visit the COBIT 5® website.
APMG-International will be responsible for the accreditation of training providers and the development of the qualification scheme. There will be three separate qualifications:
- Implementation level
- Assessment level.
Benefits for Individuals
- Understand levels of IT-related risk and make informed decisions to reduce information security incidents. Deliver this understanding and risk awareness to improve prevention, detection and recovery within an organization.
- Provide tools for organizations to maintain high quality information to support business decisions.
- Help an organization to meet with regulatory and statutory or government requirements.
- Understand COBIT® approach to governance and its relationship with other IT best practices.
Benefits for Organizations
- Achieve strategic goals and realise business benefits through the effective and innovative use of IT.
- Support compliance with relevant laws, regulations, contractual agreements and policies and gain competitive edge over other organizations.
- Reduce complexity and increase cost-effectiveness due to improved and easier integration of information security standards, good practices and/or sector-specific guidelines resulting in operational excellence through reliable, efficient application of technology.
- Improved integration of information security in the enterprise, resulting in increased user satisfaction with information security arrangements and outcomes.
Obtaining the Foundation qualification will show that you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the COBIT 5® guidance to be able to:
- Understand the governance and management of enterprise IT
- Create awareness with your business executives and senior IT management
- Assess the current state of enterprise IT in your department or organization
- Scope which aspects of COBIT 5® would be appropriate to implement.
- Multiple Choice format
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 mark or more required to pass (out of 50 available) – 50%
- 40 minute duration
- Closed book.